Hearing Aid Batteries
Batteries come in 4 sizes, you can identify your battery by the color or number associated with that size. All batteries will be labeled with both the number and color but each manufacturer may place it in a different or unique spot.
Battery sizes and markings
- 312 or color brown (most popular size)
- 10 or color yellow
- 13 or color orange
- 675 or color blue
Hearing aid batteries can be bought almost anywhere in stores or online. Typically, they can last between 3 and 12 days based on 16 hours a day of wear time and technology. Battery consumption really depends on the power needed by the hearing aid and the size of the battery.
Estimated battery life
- Size 10 (yellow) 3-5 days
- Size 312 (brown) 3 to 10 days
- Size 13 (orange) 6 to 14 days
- Size 675 (blue) 9 to 20 days
To get maximum battery life
- Remove the tab and let the battery “breathe” for 3 to 5 minutes. Do NOT remove tab from battery until ready to use
- Store your batteries in a cool dry place. A dehumidifier may be of added value as it will help keep moisture out of hearing aids and the batteries.
- Open battery door when hearing aids are not in use
- Remove battery completely from hearing aid if not using for an extended period of time
All battery packs will have an expiration date located on them. When opening a new pack or purchasing new batteries take a second to look at the date.
- If opening a pack try to use the oldest ones first (with dates approaching expiration).
- If purchasing check the expiration date try to look for packs with expiration dates a few years out.
Keep in mind some products are now rechargeable
Special Pricing During Walk-In Clinic Hours
Learn more about our hearing aid walk in clinic here.
Free Hearing aid Clean & Check
$5 Domes and Wax Traps
(Regular Price $10)
(Regular price $25)
$10 Tube Change
(Regular Price $20)
$20 Box of 60 Batteries
(Regular Price $40)